2nd Watch surveyed 500 IT and marketing professionals in large and midsize companies regarding the use of big data, Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud-based data warehouse technologies to support digital marketing plans and programs. The results indicate growing confidence in the use of these technologies and success deploying them. 2nd Watch has released an infographic that provides top line results from its research.
Among their key findings:
- 50% of respondents are likely to expand use of big data to support digital marketing.
- 24% use data to power campaigns and promotions
- 47% say that big data-base digital marketing campaigns have been effective for meeting customer engagement and demand generation goals
- 53% say it’s likely they’ll expand IoT-based digital marketing programs
- Nearly 20% are being very aggressive this way, and another 27% plan to begin an IoT project for digital marketing soon
- 29% leverage the IoT to better understanding of customer preferences