Teads has released new eye-tracking insights that show the impact of various content environments on the performance of mobile advertising. The study found that advertising placed in premium editorial articles increases consumers’ purchase intent by 27%. They also found that when users are on premium publisher sites, their scroll rate slows down, thus building a slower, more concentrated experience, driving a higher chance of attracting attention to engaging advertising.
- Premium content drives highest engagement.
- Native video ads within premium content are more likely to be viewed.
- Longer exposure on skippable pre-roll doesn’t guarantee stronger ad impact.
- In-article native video ads put the user first and drive the most campaign impact.
- In-article native video ads resonate even more with millennials.
Teads also made recommendations for mobile video ad optimization:
- Advertise within premium content to drive increased viewership and to extend average dwell time.
- Leverage in-article native video to drive increases purchase intent.
- Consider using formats outside of pre-roll, which doesn’t guarantee a quality view.
- Use in-article native video to impact younger consumers.