Important new research was presented earlier this week at a major economics conference and reported on by the Wall Street Journal. The comprehensive study was conducted over nearly five years by Veronica Marotta, Vibhanshu Abhishek and led by Alessandro Acquisti, who is globally recognized for his work studying behavioral economics and the impact of privacy on digital society.Continue reading »
WAN-IFRA’s 2019 Digital Media North America conference is an exclusive global gathering for media executives and publishers to be held on June 24 in NYC. This year, the conference will focus on the importance of product in news media today. We’ll be joined by speakers such as Dheerja Kaur (The Skimm), Nick Petrie (The Times), Kris Barton (USA Today) and Julia Beizer (Bloomberg Media) amongst others. All members of DCN will get a special price for the conference of 700 USD using the code: NA_ASOC19. Check out our website for program details and registration.
Chartbeat has immersed itself in research around reader revenue and subscription models this year. This work has taken various forms including data analysis, comparing historical trends, and distilling insights from past use cases. After more than 400 hours of subscriptions research, here are some of our early takeaways.Continue reading »
I recently connected with Christa Carone, who joined Group Nine Media as president in 2017, at the Collision Conference in Toronto, Canada. Carone and I discussed revenue and distribution diversification, content strategy, and building a business based on brand equity.Continue reading »
Webinar Featuring Forrester Consulting: The Rapidly Changing Digital Landscape Puts Product Development Success at Risk
Digital product delivery is a critical component of how companies win, serve, and retain customers today. To better understand the impact of digital transformation in today’s market, 3Pillar commissioned Forrester Consulting to survey digital product decision makers on how they strategize and prioritize digital product development. The findings were eye-opening. Join this webinar to learn more.
Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) businesses are a unique class of company, and they’re changing the way we purchase products of all kinds. MediaRadar recently conducted an analysis of DTC companies’ ad spending across digital, TV and print, as well as their CMOs, physical stores and funding practices.Continue reading »
Podcasts are not a niche market. One-third of Americans listen to podcasts monthly with one-quarter of these listeners tuning in on a weekly basis, according to a new report, “Investing in the Podcast Ecosystem in 2019” from Andreessen Horowitz.Continue reading »
June 27 NYC
DCN members-only event
This is a free event for individuals from DCN member companies. Come to network and to hear your peers talk about how to successfully manage the technology and product challenges of premium publishers.
Sponsored by 3Pillar Global, IPONWEB, and The Media Trust
- Reuters | U.S. probe of Google’s online ad dominance would appease long suffering rivals, publishers (4 min read)
- The Wall Street Journal | Behavioral Ad Targeting Not Paying Off for Publishers, Study Suggests (3 min read)
- The Verge | Can Apple be trusted with the App Store? (8 min read)
- AdAge | Report: Ad Fraud To Hit $23 Billion, Isn’t Going Down (4 min read)
- Axios | Clock runs down for privacy legislation (2 min read)
- The New York Times | Google and Amazon Are at the Center of a Storm Brewing Over Big Tech (9 min read)
- Vox | We should opt into data tracking, not out of it, says DuckDuckGo CEO Gabe Weinberg (55 min listen)
- Vice | Shady Political Ads Are Pouring In To Facebook. We Still Can’t Track Them. (10 min read)
- EFF | Research Shows Publishers Benefit Little From Tracking Ads (3 min read)
- Digiday | Financial Times’ John Ridding: Every publisher needs a subscription strategy (31 min listen)
Continue reading »